Monday, March 9, 2009

All of His benefits

One of the things we talked about this week was spurred by the following verses from the Book of Psalms:

Psalm 103:1-5 (Amp)

(1) BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
(2) Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--
(3) Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,
(4) Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;
(5) Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!


So we took a little time to remember His benefits. Things like:
  • Salvation - Ephesians 2:8, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
  • Peace - John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
  • Forgiveness of sin - 1 John 2:12, "I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake."

This is certianly not an exhaustive list. Just a few things that come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment